The Library in the Lodge
The Lodge is a wonderful, wooden building situated in the school playground. The children love using this space, and we are currently converting this space into a fantastic new library and quiet working space for children.
During 2020 -2021 we have been working hard fundraising and have secured money from the following sources;
- £1000 from Councillor Boyd Elliott
- £1000 from Persimmon Homes Community Fund
- £1000 from the 'Friends of Willow Farm' (PTA)
- £800 from sale of books at the school book fair
- £3000 School 'Catch Up' funding
- £1000 from councillors Jenny Hollingsworth and Jennifer Hemingway
Our library is open every lunchtime for different year groups. Our year 6 librarians do a great job of recommending reads and sharing books with our younger children.